Boat Towing CoursesIf you're planning a trip to Europe or the UK, and might do some boating or jet skiing over there, you'll probably want an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). This is the accepted European ticket which allows a person from one country to go boating in another, without having to get that other countries boat licence. An Australian boat licence is not accepted over there as a valid ticket.

The countries below accept the International Certificate of Competence as proof of acceptable level of competence:
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom, France, Italy and Poland.

Some things you may not know:

Throughout the Mediterranean in particular:

  • Port authorities rejecting visiting pleasure vessels without an ICC
  • Charter companies rejecting customers not holding an ICC
  • Coastal police issuing fines to pleasure boat operators not holding an ICC (in particular, PWC's around Spain have been hit hard)

Latest News: